There is a group that is very aggressive in making gambling legal and it is just out with the new poll that is highlighting the amazing support by the locals in Alabama who would like to have the rights to vote on various issues like who they want to support in a local lottery and in some casino games. The poll revealed in the morning of July 29 by the Alabama Jobs Foundation. This is a non-profit group that is pushing the legislation by a Senator named Del Marsh and that can make the voters establish the lottery the Vegas way in 4 different dog tracks just across the state.
The poll is said to be led by the TargetPoint Consulting and they have found some things like the following:
- 89% of the residents in Alabama are in favor of a gambling vote.
- Around 80% supports for lottery to fund the education.
- Around 69% say that they are in favor of the gambling constitutional amendment, which will be mandated before a gambling start.
- Around 77% say that they are in favor of the plan of Marsh for a substitute plan that might pay for the taxes to the gaming revenue as an alternative and alterations for the exclusive rights to push through with gambling in the state.
- The poll has discovered that 66% of the locals are opposing the new taxes to solve the budget crisis that the state is presently worrying about.
The poll will provide the locals with all the reason to be very positive as they go on in their efforts to boost the approval of the constitutional amendment that is being pushed by Senator Dem Marsh. He is a Republican and the head of the Senate in the state, he was also present during the press conference. According to him, the level sustenance that the poll found for making gambling legal and then forming a lottery is truly welcomed to help as he attempts to entice the legislators to care for the legalization of gambling in the state.
But, Marsh has just said that he is not amazed with the results of the poll. He even added that a few months ago, he had a problem with a poll made by another research firm and that indicate close results. He also said he ran the current poll made by another polling company he worked for in the past and he was happy with the results he had heard. According to him, the poll is legal and it has a demographics right. It shows what they are in the country, so he can guarantee for the poll.